Monday, March 15, 2010
"Russian Creek"
Russian Jack park is one of the most beautiful places I've ever had the privelege to cross country ski . This creek runs through the entire park, and their are 3 bridges to ski over. This is the view from one of them in the morning on a sunny winter day. In the winter the sun is at such a low angle up here in Alaska that you see much more violet , mauve, purple and blue violet. This makes snow paintings a real joy to paint. It is my hope that this painting depicts some of the beauty of these mornings. Painting this in acrylic first allows it to dry quickly, then using oil glazes I was able to really focus on the shadows I hope you enjoy looking at it as much as I enjoyed painting it. It is available in 11x14 limited edition prints$35 The original is available for $450.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment